CIS Fund Accountant
Westlake, Cape Town
Our client is looking for a CIS Fund Accountant to form part of talented Fund Accounting team.
This is an end to end Fund Accounting position with exposure to Unit Trust and Life accounting.
This is your opportunity to join a market leading Fund Operations business and lead a talented team of highly motivated Fund Accountants geared for growth. You will be joining an entrepreneurial and nimble environment where ideas and solutions to obstacles are always encouraged.
Required Experience & Qualification
- Relevant experience of at least 2-5 years (Unit Trust Fund Accounting/Pricing experience) in this role is essential
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification(s) required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing and setting up of audit, trustee, custody and management fees
- Ensuring Variation Margin is processed correctly and matches the Clearing House Statement daily
- Ensure capturing / processing of all 3rd Party duplication trades to the accounting system timeously and accurately (ensure they match the third-party valuation reports)
- Ability to manage client cash flows (subscriptions and redemptions) and ensure units in issue reconcile to Transfer Agency
- Pricing of funds within the Collective Investment Scheme, ie Daily unitisation and ensuring the valuation of financial instruments are in line with the funds’ performance e.g. equities, bonds, and derivatives
- Understand how total fund performance is calculated and impacted with each entry captured
- Monitor and perform income distribution calculations for each fund class
- Understand tolerance level checking against a benchmark and are familiar with what is deemed as an unacceptable asset and NAV fund price variance
- Responsible for running, checking and sending of client reports daily and monthly
- Handling queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries (in conjunction with the Client Delivery team)
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk
- Supporting the management and co-ordination of team deliverables relating to projects and new client take-on’s
- Relevant exposure to Investment reporting systems
- Strong Excel skills