Investec Asset Management Corporate Profile
Investec Asset Management is an independently managed global asset manager within the Investec Group, which is listed in both London and Johannesburg. We are founder-led and our employees are equity stakeholders in our business. We provide investment products and services to institutions, advisory clients and individuals. Our clients include pension funds, central banks, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, foundations, financial advisers and individual investors. We were established in South Africa in 1991, offering a small range of domestic investment strategies. We are now a truly global business managing approximately R1,931.1bn* for clients from all over the world. We service these clients from our offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney (and more). At Investec Asset Management, we believe in a better future. First and foremost, we are working towards a better future for our clients. They have entrusted us with their investments and our responsibility is to look after their capital. Our purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations. Our culture supports innovation. We value honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Our people are encouraged to challenge the status quo. *as at 30.06.18
Job Title Networks Architect
Division Information Technology
Location Cape Town
Manager Head of IT Infrastructure
Job Overview Following a strategic review, the Board of Investec Group (“Group”) announced on 14 September 2018 that Investec Asset Management (IAM) will become a separately-listed entity. The demerger is subject to regulatory, shareholder and other approvals and is expected to be completed by Q3 2019. A number of workstreams have been established to manage and execute the demerger for IAM. The Separation Workstream is responsible for managing the transition of services from Group to IAM and includes three delivery programmes; Central Services, IT and Marketing The primary focus of the role is to design the firm’s global network architecture to ensure operational and strategic requirements are met. Investec Asset Management’s IT Infrastructure team is made up of IT professionals based in Cape Town, Johannesburg, London, Hong Kong, and New York. The team is responsible for Core infrastructure, End User Technology and Information Security, and aims to meet the firm’s global infrastructure requirements by delivering day-to-day operational support, managing minor changes and implementing significant infrastructure project initiatives
Core duties to achieve responsibilities • Identify, gather, analyse and document IAM network infrastructure requirements and translate these into an architecture/design which caters for immediate operational as well as strategic requirements.
• Effectively communicate infrastructure requirements to internal infrastructure team and external IT suppliers.
• Work with Project Managers from other teams in IT, to deliver IT components of business projects.
• Take ownership of Infrastructure network projects to manage the migration from the current incumbent to an alternate 3rd party networks provider.
• Communicate project progress via required reporting mechanisms.
• Ensure that solutions conform to Infrastructure standards, and compliance and security requirements.
• Assist the Head of IT Infrastructure with other initiatives as and when required.
• Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
• Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
• Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
• Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
• Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
• Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
• Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
• Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
• Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
• Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
• Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business Non-mandatory responsibilities:
• Ensuring that your team procedures are kept up-to-date
• Ensuring that all changes in business practice are taken through the appropriate business forums
• Ensuring that regulatory, client and other corporate reporting deadlines are met
• Ensuring that if handling client monies and client assets that they are properly protected, recorded and reconciled
• Maintaining “chinese walls” / “ethical walls” with other parts of the Investec Group and within IAM under the inside information requirements
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
• Formal networking certifications (e.g CCIE)
• At least 7 Years’ experience in a Technical Networks Infrastructure/Architecture role
• Preferably 5-10 years industry and project management experience
• Significant experience managing significant infrastructure projects
• Must be fluent in English Skills:
• Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN , TCP/IPs, Telephony and Firewall Technology
• Experience Administering Storage Area Networks
• Experience of administering Systems Centre
• Experience of administering Back up Technologies
• Experience supporting and administering Windows Server, Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, ADFS and DHCP
• Experience supporting Global Email environments using Exchange and Secure Email Gateway technology
• Experience of Administering and support Virtualisation technologies – VMware and / or Hyper-V
• Experience with MimeCast
• Basic SQL SSMS Experience
• Experience of Skype for Business including enterprise voice features or similar Unified Communications Personal Attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
• Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
• Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive
• Able to work in a team and potentially lead BAs and IT developers.
• A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION For this vacancy, strong preference will be given to employment equity applications. Investec Asset Management’s imperative is to attract and retain the best talent by providing a corporate environment where people from varying backgrounds can develop professionally and build a rewarding career.