Reporting & Performance Analyst
Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
A Reporting and Performance Analyst opportunity is available with our client in Southern Suburbs, Cape Town. The performance analyst will be responsible for the performance calculations, the contribution and attribution analysis of all multi-managed funds, classes, benchmarks and composites. They will work closely with various internal departments and external clients, including the investment and marketing teams.
The candidate will provide analysis and resolve all ad hoc issues related to any queries that may arise as well as be involved in projects with varying levels of complexity. Will be expected to implement improvements to the reporting structure and bespoke reports, work closely with colleagues, developers and other relevant parties; opportunity to grow into role & assume wider responsibilities.
Ideal Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years prior work experience at an asset manager is essential
- In-depth knowledge of portfolio instruments in collective investment schemes and their appropriate classification
- Spreadsheet and reporting experience essential
- A quantitative degree and investment focus will be an advantage
- BCom or Business Science or other relevant degree with a major in statistics, economics or portfolio management
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Excel & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of Inet & Morningstar preferred, and a basic understanding of SQL(SSRS) will be an advantage.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility of correctness and timeous distribution of internal and external retail reports.
- Drive improvement of retail reporting structures as internal and external requirements develop.
- Responsible for researching and resolving any database discrepancies
- Manage and jointly take ownership of data to enrich reporting data warehouse and ensure optimum efficiency.
- Work closely with investment analysts to ensure decision-making is based on accurate and reliable data
- Maintenance of integrity of investment database(s) including accurate classification of information & identification and correction of errors; liaise with developers & managers to ensure information is captured correctly
- Ensure investment team are provided with relevant timely reports of underlying portfolios; engage with investment team & developers to ensure reports remain accurate & relevant
- Ensure marketing team are provided with relevant data to run reports monthly & quarterly & build presentations