Trade Control Specialist
A leading and established Asset Manager is looking for a Trade Control Specialist to join their team in ensuring that all daily operational activities within the middle office environment are executed accurately.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of trade capture processes to ensure all trades are booked accurately specifically but not limited to for derivatives and structured trades
• Investigating and resolving position breaks across multiple reconciliations
• Working closely with the front, back offices, risk and product control to resolve breaks
• Ongoing trade maintenance
• Managing trade life cycle events such as resets and expires
• Supporting the Trading Desk in a timely and accurate manner
• Supporting the business in new deal approvals and formulation of target operating models for new deals
• Review processes for existing deals
• Carrying out project work which could include operationalize new regulation, Root Cause Analysis, Risk Control Self Assessments, Training materials and transaction reviews
• Postgraduate qualification in Finance/Business Science
• Minimum 5 years' experience in an investment banking / Treasury/trading environment, specifically in middle office trade support, or equivalent role
• Extensive understanding of OTC instruments / Exchange Traded Derivatives / Fixed Income Securities / Equity products
• Exposure to trade settlement processes (including exchange settled trades) will be beneficial
Key traits – critical thinking, proactive approach, self-motivated
• An eye for the detail and know how to fit them together to form a bigger picture.
• Highly proactive; able to identify problems and seek solutions
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the strategy of the business.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the business.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Leading and deciding
• Supporting and co-operating
• Analysing and interpreting
• Interacting and presenting
• Organising and executing
• Adapting and coping
• Attention to detail
• Service orientated