An established international Fund Administrator is looking for a Supervisor to join their Alternative funds team.
The primary function of a Supervisor is to check and supervise the tasks required to successfully complete the accounts / valuation (Being a Signatory).
In certain circumstances a Supervisor may also be required to perform these tasks.
- Check and authorise payments (as an A Signatory) to ensure the payment has been correctly prepared and the correct instructions are going to be processed
- Check and approve valuations (as an A Signatory) to ensure all the required information has been captured and processed correctly resulting in the expected valuation movement.
- Supervise others to ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness in performing the following functions:
- Reviewing and ensure all documentation are in place for investment purchases and sales / distributions
- Executing investment purchase transactions
- Setting-up and capturing of investments on Investran
- Monitoring of distributions / sales proceeds receivable and capturing of these on Investran
- Preparation of accurate quarterly (pre fair market value and post fair market value) accounts (including capital statements for investors)
- Preparation of accurate expense and accrual calculations, including management and admin fee calculation
- Performing weekly cash reconciliations and proper investigation and resolution of any reconciling differences
- Performing daily cash management (including preparing payment and transfer instructions) and updating the cash transactions on Investran
- Capturing daily cash movements as well as trades and updating transactions in Investran
- Investigating and answering queries with auditors and clients
- Ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures; client service level agreements and internal controls
- Sending out valuation e-mails to pre-defined distribution lists
- Preparation of call and distribution notices
- Sending out call and distribution notices to pre-defined distribution lists
- Monitoring and capturing of call money received and following up on outstanding calls
- Completion and performing of other sundry administrative tasks, including filing of quarter end accounts
- Completion of quarterly statutory returns
- Accurately updating and maintaining relevant sections in the KPI spreadsheet
- Note: Although the primary function of a Supervisor is checking and supervising the above tasks, in certain circumstances a Supervisor may also be required to perform the above mentioned activities.
- Coach and supervise other team members (including training and coordinating the training of new team members) to ensure the team functions as a cohesive unit.
- Actively participate in ensuring all processes and procedures are properly documented and at hereto to ensure no accounting errors occur and the team has latency in place.
- Query and issue resolution within the team (whether it’s Investran or system issues, or client or custodian issues) to ensure no queries or issues result in an error, breach or client dissatisfaction.
- Investigate errors, complete the required error reporting process and implement the required remedial action in order to ensure the error is not repeated.
- Actively and continually identify and report high risk areas and gaps in processes to ensure the identification and escalation of risks and gaps.
- Participate actively in projects, specifically risk reduction and efficiency gain projects relevant to the related fund admin teams to ensure the successful implement and completion of the specific Fund Admin project actions and timelines.
- Check GFSC quarterly statutory returns in order to ensure company satisfies the fund regulatory obligations.
- In isolated instances or where there’s an emergency be able to provide cover and checking in other teams and for other clients/funds to ensure the relevant client’s deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- A relevant tertiary qualification - preferably including Accounting; Finance; Investments
- Good accounting and investment product knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years investment fund administration or related experience