A well know Asset manager is currently recruiting for a Static Data Specialist. The Data Management team play a critical role relating to instrument set up and pricing. In this exciting role you will play a key role in static data and instrument set up. The ideal candidate will have a high level of competency in MS excel and an understanding of databases (SQL).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the quality of static data (e.g. securities, funds, and products), support of data feeds and associated reporting.
• Understanding of the set-up of securities and portfolio’s as well as instrument valuation methodology and impact on downstream users.
• Handling client queries efficiently to ensure resolution of both internal and external client queries.
• Checking of all data set-up within the Investment Management systems and regular maintenance thereof.
• Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk.
• Analyzing, maintaining and streamlining the current data input and pricing processes.
• Supporting the management and co-ordination of team deliverables relating to projects and new client take-on’s
• Required Experience
• Relevant experience of at least 2 years in this role is essential. Required experience in instrument set up and pricing
• High level of competency required in MS Excel. An understanding of databases (SQL) preferred. Proficiency in data and financial analysis
• Required Qualifications
• Relevant tertiary qualification(s) –BComm degree
• Key Competencies
• Self-starter who is willing to take on responsibility for a wide array of tasks in a small company.
• Highly methodical with strong interest in portfolio administration.
• Analytical thinker with problem solving skills.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• You are a team player, putting the interest of the team ahead of your own personal interests
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Ability to work under pressure at times.
• Honesty, integrity and mutual respect for co-workers. You have the ability to deal with different cultural and business situations.
• Sound understanding of and products and the integration of this data into the reporting process.