A leading Asset Manager is looking for a Business Manager Research Analyst will provide key manager research analysis, which will be used in business decision making.
This person must have mastery of and deliver relevant, timely and accurate assessments of manager strategies in your designated sectors; motivate manager strategies for inclusion on investment-team buy-list; engage with & inspire confidence in investment due diligence process through credible engagement with relevant stakeholders including investment team, asset managers, internal distribution and consulting clients; opportunity for growth as part of a dynamic investment team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BComm (Hons) / Business Science degree majoring in Finance, Economics, Financial Analysis or Portfolio Management.
- CAIA, CFA or related studies beneficial.
Relevant Systems Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential, FactSet, INET and Morningstar preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactive maintenance of relevant long-only ASISA categories with explicit and relevant engagement with key stakeholders including quants analyst and senior portfolio managers.
- Detailed understanding of asset manager strategies locally and globally.
- Regular short-note assessments on potential long-only manager strategies post biannual screening meetings and on an ad hoc basis.
- Thorough deep-dive due diligences on relevant long-only manager strategies with explicit involvement of head of research.
- Build strong relationships with your underlying asset managers, and insightful and regular assessments of your existing buy-list managers.
- Produce ad hoc research reports relevant to needs of consulting clients that will require innovative thinking and may straddle non-traditional asset classes.
- Inspire confidence in manager research process by insightful presentation to clients as and when required.