A reputable Investment Group Office is looking for an Internal Auditor. Responsibilities include assisting with internal control and liaison with external auditors. Assisting with preparing audit working papers ensuring that the necessary information required for the audit has been obtained and reports weaknesses and shortcomings to Senior Internal Auditor.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree or Diploma with 3 to 4 years related experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant audit experience OR 4 years appropriate Financial Services experience
- Audit experience in the Financial Services sector will be to your advantage.
- Good knowledge of audit techniques.
- Ability to execute Control Effectiveness Reviews.
Relevant Skills & Knowledge
- Computer skills – Ability to use MS Word and Excel on intermediate level.
- Understand the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Implementation Guidance as it relates to assignment execution.
Expected Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare assignment planning documentation.
- Define sample criteria/ extract samples.
- Perform control effectiveness reviews of business processes.
- Update basic control adequacy reviews (CARs)/ Assist audit senior with the execution of control adequacy reviews.
- Perform ad hoc assignments (management requests/ project assurance, etc.).
- Prepare audit working documents.
- Draft audit observations and discuss with appropriate levels of management.
- Update audit programmes with changes.
- Provide on-the-job coaching/ guidance to junior staff and knowledge transfer
- Assist with performing ad hoc quality assurance over basic control effectiveness reviews/ audit observations prepared by junior staff.
- Ad hoc assistance to Audit specialists and Audit Management.
- Assists with internal control and liaison with senior auditors.
- Assists with preparing audit working papers
- Reports weaknesses and shortcomings
- Communicates effectively - Contributing independently
- Decision quality - Contributing independently
- Business insight - Contributing independently
- Plans and aligns - Contributing independently
- Be prepared to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.