A leading Asset Manager is looking for a Retail Investments BDM to join their team!
What will you do?
- Formulate clear strategic objectives and a business plan for specific client area
- Work closely with the Head: Retail Distribution and other Account Managers, in terms of developing client strategy and plans (i.e. sales and retention strategies)
- Actively use and leverage capability of a cluster wide CRM
- Understand client needs in order to identify appropriate products and solutions
- Actively manage key client relationships focusing on growing and developing existing clients together with generating new business
- Influence overall profitability of client area by meeting targets, as agreed with Segment Head
- Position and package the Retail business simply and effectively to the client area
- Act as the key interface between the client and SI as well as a SI ambassador
- Prepare and deliver selling presentations and client feedback reports
What will make you successful in this role?
- Relevant postgraduate qualification would be advantageous (e.g. CFA, CFP)
- At least 5 years' experience in investment sales
- Deep understanding of investment principles, financial instruments and unit trusts
- Strong understanding of the segment landscape, different players and key needs
- Strong technical knowledge of products and solutions
- Ability to develop and manage committed relationships
- Ability to engage with all stakeholders and connect with their priorities in order to build relevant solutions, clarify issues, challenge assumptions and influence outcomes
- The capacity and ability to clearly articulate and package a single Investments Retail value proposition to the client area (marketing competency)
- Deep understanding of the dynamics of the specific segment and ability to "close the deal"
- Strong market facing presence
- Technical aptitude and product knowledge
Qualification and Experience
- BCom or equivalent with 7 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Directs and coordinates the development of complex financial solutions for clients
- Negotiates and converts feasible projects into bankable projects
- Management of client relationships
- Compliance and risk management
- Utilises negotiation and communication skills and related, risk, financial and legal expertise in the management of the client relationships.
EE candidates will be given preference