An exciting opportunity for fresh grads with 0 – 2 years’ experience in the investment industry to join a top tier Asset Manager based in Cape Town in their Investments team.
This opportunity will give you a kick start into the Investments industry. This opportunity is in the Retail side of the business in the Contact centre, so yes there will be a lot of incoming calls from clients regarding investment queries (from enquiries about the different products and services that the business offers to enquiries from existing clients regarding their investment portfolios etc , this is a technical and complex role so an avid reader / individual who keeps abreast of financial markets & news on a regular basis,will do well in this space).
If you eat, sleep and dream investments and are willing to start your career in this role that will not only provide you with a wealth of knowledge in the industry but an opportunity to be part of a wonderful dynamic team and business at large with amazing opportunities to grow into.
- Relevant Business-related degree with an academic average of 65% and above (with consistent or progressive results,especially with your core modules and where you fall short - accountability is KEY!
- Matric mathematics at 60% and above
- Keen interest in Investments – keeping up to date with the financial markets and be able to demonstrate your interest in this space
- Involvement in extracurricular activities i.e sports, societies, voluntary work any form of community involvement etc highlight these things in your CV as well(or it could be a side hustle or business that you have)
Key personality competencies:
- Sound communication skills– verbal & written
- Good self-awareness , ability to aknowlegde areas of development, reflect and learn from them
- Service orientation – ability to build a rapport with people of different levels/walks of life
- High adaptability, vigour, resilience and agility - get up and go attitude,takes intiative and just strives to do best always!