The role of the Investment Manager is to support the construction, management and oversight of client portfolios by executing the tactical Investment Strategy/ies within mandated guidelines and risk limits. You will develop delivery plans to realise the strategic objectives and manage the necessary practices / processes to ensure adoption of the portfolio management methodology and governance.
The successful candidate will have approx. 4+ years’ experience in a similar environment, preferably with broad exposure to:
- Project finance deals (including multiple financing options, and multiple sectors);
- Development finance deals (including exposure to affordable housing, healthcare, agriculture and education) and Leverage finance transactions
- With a BCom and either a CA(S), CFA qualification
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be part of and inform the portfolio strategy plan that includes providing a tactical plan of the intended investment origination and portfolio management for the year/s ahead, as well as the likely economic and regulatory capital usage and the expected returns thereon.
- Ensure the development, alignment and implementation of end‐to‐end processes within investment research and portfolio management for continued process improvement.
- Report on progress against operational plans, highlight risks and make adjustments accordingly.
- Determine and budget for the fees (through asset origination and management of direct investor funds) that can be earned.
- Develop sustainable relationships with potential borrowers and investees from initial negotiations to closure of loans and investments with counterparties.
- Prepare financial models that inform the investment decision and prepare and table investment applications for consideration and approval.
- Coordinate and deliver across the value chain capabilities to ensure optimal performance e.g. the credit analyst team to motivate lending/investing opportunities.
- Collect and collate information into a usable format in order to provide information related to the development of investment ideas.
- Initiate and present investment opportunities at the Investment Committee and other required investment decision making forums.
- Responsible for monitoring investments after the selection and execution of the investment decision.
- Manage an integrated ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships & provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Implement practices which build service delivery excellence according to TCF principles and encourage others to provide exceptional customer service.
- Positively influence and manage change by providing mechanisms and support to implement major changes in area of accountability.
- Adhere to corporate governance, compliance, integrity and ethics policies and practices
Your experience and knowledge will Include:
- Capital Structuring
- Financial Services Sectors (WorldWide)
- Integrated risk management
Business Acumen - Understands main business drivers in order to influence decision making and to implement accordingly. Understands the market and is aware of competitor activities. Efforts are aligned with the Franchise’s strategic goals.
Portfolio Thinking - Understands risk holistically across risk types and asset classes, providing risk mitigating recommendations. Applies portfolio management concepts of knowledge / skill without requiring supervision; also able to provide technical guidance when required. Manages portfolio factor risk (e.g. currency, interest, etc.) where applicable. Manages portfolio concentration risk (e.g. asset class, counterparty, region, sector, etc.). Understands the techniques behind active portfolio management (e.g. derivative usages, structured transactions, etc.).
Investment Management - Managing assets to meet specified investment goals. Masters knowledge, acts with independence and provides guidance to others. Shows a clear understanding of the current strategic issues relating to investment management.
Integration and Problem solving - Complex structuring problem solving (solutions) across the franchise value chain – integrating credit, operations, distribution, middle office, risk teams to enable deal making. Cross product deal involvement, independent & slick end to end deal navigation (minimal guidance & supervision)
Fundraising - Client engagement, presents to third party investors as part of raising funds.