Manager Research Analyst
An asset manager based in Cape Town is looking to employ a Manager Research Analyst to join their established company. The main purpose of this role will be to provide key manager research analysis which will be used in business decision making.
The candidate will have mastery of and deliver relevant, timely and accurate assessments of manager strategies in your designated sectors; motivate manager strategies for inclusion on investment-team buy-list; engage with & inspire confidence in investment due diligence process through credible engagement with relevant stakeholders including investment team, asset managers, internal distribution and consulting clients; opportunity for growth as part of a dynamic investment team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Proactive maintenance of relevant long-only ASISA categories with explicit and relevant engagement with key stakeholders including quants analyst and senior portfolio managers
- Detailed understanding of asset manager strategies locally and globally
- Regular short-note assessments on potential long-only manager strategies post biannual screening meetings and on an ad hoc basis
- Thorough deep-dive due diligences on relevant long-only manager strategies with explicit involvement of head of research
- Build strong relationships with your underlying asset managers, and insightful and regular assessments of your existing buy-list managers
- Produce ad hoc research reports relevant to needs of consulting clients that will require innovative thinking, and may straddle non-traditional asset classes
- Inspire confidence in manager research process by insightful presentation to clients as and when required
Ideal experience and qualifications:
- At least 5 years manager research experience within the multi-manager, fund of funds or asset consulting environment; experience in non-traditional asset classes an added benefit
- BComm (Hons) / Business Science degree majoring in Finance, Economics, Financial Analysis or Portfolio Management
- CAIA, CFA or related studies beneficial
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential, FactSet, INET and Morningstar preferred.